Eagerly Awaited in April

This April, we’ve got one book that has many on our staff excited. With each new release, Kristan Higgans seems to generate more buzz in online romanceland, and her April release, My One and Only has 9 of our staffers waiting for their chance to snap it up! To pick out your own eagerly awaited April releases, check out the list here.

300

Title and Author Reviewer
My One and Only My One and Only by Kristan Higgins Maggie, Lea, Lee, Nanette, Heather S., Jane, Dabney, Leigh, Pat
One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming Lynn, Jean, Rike
A Borrowed Scot by Karen Ranney A Borrowed Scot by Karen Ranney Lee, Dabney, Lynn,
To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick Lynn, Rike
The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis Jane, Dabney
The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason Sandy, Lynn
It Happened One Season by Stephanie Laurens et al. It Happened One Season by Stephanie Laurens, Jacquie D’Alessandro, Canidce Hern and Mary Balogh Lee, Rike
Lover Unleashed by J.R.Ward Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward Lea, Sandy
Shiver of Fear by Roxanne St. Clare Shiver of Fear by Roxanne St. Clare Rike,
Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts Jane
Quicksilver by Amanda Quick Quicksilver by Amanda Quick Leigh
The Chase by Erin McCarthy The Chase by Erin McCarthy Dabney
Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione Heather S.
Wickham's Diary by Amanda Grange Wickham’s Diary by Amanda Grange Rike
Texas Blue by Jodi Thomas Texas Blue by Jodi Thomas Pat
Already Home by Susan Mallery Already Home by Susan Mallery Leigh
Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer Lee
The School for Brides by Cheryl Ann Smith The School for Brides by Cheryl Ann Smith Nanette
My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones Pat
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen Dabney
Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore Jane
The Bride Plan by Kasey Michaels The Bride Plan by Kasey Michaels Leigh

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “Eagerly Awaited in April”

1. Gail says:

Don’t forget Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson, April 29th.

Gail, an April 29th book would be a May release. I’m looking forward to the new Rachel Gibson, too!

3. library addict says:

I’m looking forward to Chansing Fire by NR and Quicksilver by AQ.

Also, Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant, the latest in her Mindhunters series. And Jennifer Greene’s Yours, Mine, & Ours.

I’ve already read Justine Davis’ April HAR, Always a Hero. Had some quibbles with it, but she’s still an auto-buy author for me.

4. Leigh AAR says:

Library addict. . . I am in the mood for a quick read but I have held off buying Kasey Michaels’ Bride Plan from e-harlequin because I much rather read it on my kindle then computer. But I am very tempted to download it today.

5. Lada says:

Interesting. Kristin Higgins’ last book was a DNF for me while I enjoyed The Next Best Thing. Her heroines tend to be much too flighty for me. Look forward to checking out her newest but with some trepidation.

More interesting. J.R. Ward’s newest BDB books no longer generate anything close to the buzz her earlier books did.

6. LinnieGayl says:

Rats! I missed The Vampire Voss; I’m definitely looking forward to that one.

7. Michele says:

I’m having heart palpatations over having to wait a few more weeks for Lover Unleashed to come out. I just finished rereading the whole series again to prepare myself. Love those books. I eat them up like candy!

8. library addict says:

LeighAAR, yeah I wish Harlequin still sold multiple formats. Thankfully the one they kept is ePub which I can read on my Sony.

But I actually still get the RS line delivered in print. I’ve thought about cancelling it, but they still have enough books I do read. Plus I get nostalgic since I’ve had that subscription for over 20 years. (Makes me feel old though – LOL).

9. natijacks says:

Where’s the love for Madeline Hunter’s Dangerous in Diamonds? I’ve been on tenterhooks to see what transpires between Castleford and Daphne and to have some mysteries solved.

10. Jeri R says:

Lots to read in April: Suzanne Brockmann’s Breaking the Rules (preordered), JR Ward’s newest BDB (preordered), Nora Roberts’ Chasing Fire, K Higgins’ My One and Only, Jill Shalvis’ The Sweetest Thing, & Larissa Ione’s new series starter Eternal Rider. And I just realized that I have no historicals on my April list. My tastes seem to have changed quite a bit in the last few years.

11. [...] releases and more: Lily (m/m romance), AAR (April romance releases), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR release dates, news, etc), Smexy Books (March [...]

12. RachelT says:

In addition to many mentioned above, I am looking forward to Magdalene by Moriah Jovan. Moria self publishes, and this will be her third novel – contemporary with romantic suspense with modern family saga. Excellently written and plotted, excellently published – no editing problems here.