Our pollsters, Lee, LinnieGayl and Cindy, would like to send out a special thank you to the authors that help us with our Favorite Books by Favorite Authors polls by posting on their blogs, newsletters and bulletin boards. We’ve really seen a boost in the number of people who cast ballots, and this give us greater data to draw from. With no further ado, on to June’s slate of Favorite Authors:
- Susan Andersen has two new additions to her list of favorites. Just for Kicks, a 2006 book, lands in 10th place and Coming Undone, her 2007 release, squeezes into 12th. Be My Baby (1st), Exposure (3rd) and Baby, I’m Yours (4th) have all received DIK reviews from AAR.
- Mary Balogh continues to write keepers for her readers with a few new additions to her list of Favorite Books by Favorite Authors. First Comes Marriage and Then Comes Seduction were published in February and March of this year, 2009, and placed 8th and 11th consecutively. Simply Love and Slightly Tempted are also new to the list in 6th and 12th place. Slightly Dangerous and A Summer to Remember held firm to the 1st and 2nd places they achieved in the last poll.
- We have a few new additions to our list of Favorite Authors and Pamela Clare is one of them. Ms. Clare’s list starts with her romantic suspense novels, Hard Evidence and Unlawful Contact, which landed in 1st and 2nd place while 3rd place was taken by Ride the Fire, a colonial historical. Sweet Release, a DIK-reviewed first novel, garnered votes to place 7th as did Ms. Clare’s most recent book, Untamed, which placed 4th.
- Kresley Cole is our second new addition to AAR’s list of Favorite Authors. Ms. Cole has also written in a few different romance genres but it is clearly the paranormal series, Immortals After Dark, that have reached into readers’ hearts. The first book in the series, A Hunger Like No Other, took first place and was followed closely by the five other single title books from the series. Her historical romances filled in the rest of her list.
- Jacquie D’Alessandro has a solid history here at AAR and is another new addition to our favorites list. Tempted at Midnight, released this year, placed 4th and Seduced at Midnight, also released this year, placed 7th. Along with her most recent publications is her first release, Red Roses Mean Love, which landed in 5th place.
- Like a few other authors on this poll, Jane Feather’s list remained relatively the same with some shuffling of spots. The Emerald Swan, a 1998 release, landed in 12th place and knocked the former 12th place holder, Violet from 1995, off the list.
- Eloisa James’s list switched up fairly well with 5 new titles being added to her list. Four books, Duchess by Night (5th), This Duchess of Mine (7th), Desperate Duchesses (8th), and An Affair Before Christmas (11th), are from her latest series Desperate Duchesses. Pleasure for Pleasure, published in 2006, made the biggest splash, landing in 4th place and knocking a few old favorites off the list.
- Angela Knight’s list grew to include more of her single title releases bumping off some of the short stories that made the last round. Five new titles made the list: Master of Dragons, Master of Swords, Time Hunters: Guardian, “Roarke’s Prisoner” from Secrets, Vol. 3, and Time Hunters: Warrior. Four of the titles were published since the last poll proving Angela Knight continues to wow her fans.
- Stephanie Laurens is another author whose list changed very little. The Lady Chosen, a 2003 release, hit 10th place and knocked The Promise of a Kiss off the list. Captain Jack’s Woman moved up three spots to 9th place while On A Wild Night made the biggest move up the list from llth place in the 2006 poll to 4th place in this poll.
- Caine’s Reckoning by Sarah McCarty landed squarely in first place knocking the rest of her titles down a notch. Caine’s Reckoning also won for Best American Historical/Frontier in the 2008 AAR Annual Poll. Sam’s Creed, Promises Reveal, and Running Wild slipped into 6th, 7th, and 8th places. The Promises series is obviously a fan favorite.
- There was only a small shuffling of placement for Susan Elizabeth Phillips‘s books. It’s obvious that her favorite books for readers stand the test of time. The only new addition to her list is the 2007 release of Natural Born Charmer in 9th place. Nobody’s Baby But Mine climbed from 3rd place into 1st and has a DIK review along with Match Me If You Can which garnered 4th place.
- Karen Rose is another new member of the Favorite Authors list and her favorites started strong with Scream for Me, her May 2008 release, landing in 1st place and her most recent book from this past February, Kill For Me, taking 2nd.
- Linnea Sinclair is our final new addition to our Favorite Author list this month. Ms. Sinclair’s Games of Command placed 1st and was also recognized in the AAR Annual Poll in 2008 for Best Sci-fi/Futuristic. Games of Command also received a DIK review along with three of her other titles: Finders Keepers (3rd), Shades of Dark (6th), and The Down Home Zombie Blues (7th).
Look for another Favorite Books by Favorite Authors poll in July.