RWA Announces the DC Literacy Signing Author Listing

The line up is up and it looks fantastic! The 2009 booksigning – open to everyone – will take place on July 15th at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in DC from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

Are you going?  If so, who are you most interested in meeting?  RWA controversies aside, is there anybody not on the list that you’d love to see there?

-Sandy AAR

Tags: , , , ,

18 Responses to “RWA Announces the DC Literacy Signing Author Listing”

1. Jane Granville says:

I should be able to go, which will be nice since I’m not going to the conference itself. The list is so much longer than I would have expected, as I’m not familiar with RWA Conferences. I’m excited to see some of my favorites– J.D. Robb, Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Hoyt, and Mary Jo Putney.

A question about the signing… if I were to bring a few of my own books to be signed, would that be okay? I know some book signings don’t allow that, and the only books that can be signed are ones you bought that day.

It’s not encouraged, Jane, and there’s a note on the website asking readers not to. The proceeds go to increase literacy, so at least there’s a reason for it.

3. SandyH says:

My favorite authors will not be there – Carla Kelly, Lynn Viehl :(

4. KatiDancy says:

I’m deeply bummed that Lisa Kleypas won’t be there. But I understand she’s going to try to spend a bunch of QT with her kids. Family comes first, but I’m bummed not to have a chance to meet here.

5. KatiDancy says:

Sigh. Darn it!

That should have read “meet her.”

6. Katie Mack says:

I won’t be able to go (sigh), so really this is my pretend list:

The two authors I would truly be excited about meeting are Jennifer Crusie and Nora Roberts / J.D. Robb. I have a tremendous amount of respect for each of them–both as people and for their work.

I would also want to meet Elizabeth Hoyt, SEP, Roxanne St. Claire, and Rachel Gibson. Oh, and Suzanne Enoch just so I could ask her if there will be any more books in the Samantha Jellicoe series.

The authors not on the list who I’d like to meet are Jane Graves, Deirdre Martin, and Sarah Mayberry.

7. Lynn Spencer says:

Oh, this list looks so exciting! I think I’ll need to bring a bigger bag with me to hold all the books. It’s kind of overwhelming – but in a very good way.

8. What RWA controversies? Someone clue me in, I’ve been under a rock in Iraq!
    Jess Scott

9. Linda says:

I would have liked to meet Lara Adrian. Also, while I certainly understand the point of the gathering, most of us already have every book by our favorites so it is expensive and redundant to have to buy another just to get the autograph. I would rather make a doantion and have my book that I already paid for signed. Just a thought.

10. Linda says:

PS- I won the spelling bee when I was in high school but not the typing/spell checker challenge! Sorry!

11. What RWA controversies? Someone please clue me in, I haven’t gotten an RWR in months because I’m in Iraq and feel like I’m now missing something important in our industry.
    Thanks!
    Jess Scott

12. Monique says:

Well shoot! Liz Maverick and Nalini Singh are not on the list. I was hoping they would be there.

13. AAR Rachel says:

I would love to meet Kathleen Gilles Seidel.

14. Kate says:

Omg this looks fantastic… and a little overwhelming! Are there usually long lines, or will I be able to hit up all my fave authors? I live in DC and am hoping to venture over. Although I might be a little starstruck…

15. Leigh says:

I have lost my post twice. . .grrrrrrrrr

I not much into autographs, but I love knowing about new releases.  Plus who wouldn’t want to go by and tell your favorite authors how much you enjoy their books.  Authors that I would have to talk to are:

Robyn Carr, Rachel Gibson, Kristin Higgins, Diana Holquist, Eloisa James,  Jayne Ann Krentz, Robin D. Owens,  Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Emilie Richards, Nora Roberts, Kathleen Gilles Seidel and many more.
    And I would have to make a special trip to tell these authors that I just discovered their books this year, and and they are on my radar:

Julie James
    Robin Kaye
    Robin Wells
    Karen White

17. Sandlynn says:

AAR Sandy: Kate, there are long lines for Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, Julia Quinn and a few others, but, for the most part, it’s a very accessible gathering.  I think we’re going to be holding a little non-official AAR gathering in the bar after and I hope to see you there!

Sandy,

I’m going to the author signing and would love to drop by the bar. However, the Marriott Wardman is a big hotel. Is there only one bar or is there a name associated with the one at which AAR is gathering?

18. Hi there I?m so delighted I determined your web site, I essentially observed out you by mistake, whilst I experienced been seeking on Yahoo for a single point else, Anyways I?m proper here now and would just drive to say thank you for any good present and likewise a all round entertaining web site (I also benefit from the theme/design), I genuinely don’t have time to go by indicates of it all inside the second but I?ve bookmarked it and likewise additional your RSS feeds, so when I have time I is heading to be rear to look at a great deal additional, Please do maintain up the great operate